Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Okay - so here it is. The big announcement. Why does it seem that when you drag something out like this, it just doesn't appear to be as "big" anymore??? Maybe it really won't be that exciting to anybody else but me (ha)! - and ya know why it is exciting for me? Because it is something that is all my own and it combines all of the things I love most about this industry -coordinating products, designing projects and sharing ideas with others.

So, Jenni Bowlin Studio will offer a monthly papercrafting kit (available on subscription), a monthly project kit, an exclusive gallery and on-line classes (this part coming summer 06')

Here is a little more information (straight from the website spec.):

Everyone loves the ease of a kit club. Each month, a kit comes straight to your doorstep (gas isn't cheap, you know!) with completely coordinated products and on-line ideas waiting at your fingertips. It can't get any better than that, or could it? . . .

I really wanted to create something different with this club. In my three plus years of traveling the country to teach, I have learned that scrapbookers crave the new and the unique. You want trendy, coordinated products. My theory, however, is this: if you wanted it all from the same company and line, why not just run down to the store and buy it off of the display, right? So in that spirit, here's how my kits are different:

- the products in your monthly kit will be perfectly coordinated, but they won't all come from the same manufacturer. In fact, they may not come from a manufacturer at all! Look for the scrapbook companies you love, as well as stationary and craft items, rubber stamps, vintage trinkets and trims, and other surprises to be included in each kit.
- look for fun themes based on colors and patterns or whatever else my crazy mind thinks of at 3 a.m.! Some of our upcoming kit themes include Mint Chocolate Chip (yum!) and Super Star.
- ever just want 1 of something that is pre-packaged to include much more than you need? My kits will come with lots of individual pieces. For example, instead of receiving a package of 10 red flowers, you will get 2 each, of 5 different colors. More variety of fun things to experiment with. Now thats cool.
- and finally, if you have had the opportunity to take a class from me, you know that I prefer to send you home with not only a project, but also an outline full of techniques with loads of page examples. This is what you will find in the Monthly Inspiration Gallery that coordinates with your kit - page and project samples, as well as technique and journaling jumpstarts.


The project kits are separate from the papercrafting kit. There will be one each month. You get all of the pieces to complete the specific project with a full color instruction sheet. These will not be offered on a subscription basis as they could vary greatly in price from month to month.

The website will be up by January 2. (see link to right). Although the first month's kits will be up to view, you will not be able to sign up until Feb. 1. However, the site will give you an option to sign up for an e-mail that will be sent out on Feb. 1st -this will give you first priority to sign up (as we are having to guess at how many kits to purchase for this first month). Hopefully that makes sense!

Now about Li'l Davis . . . as most of you know, I have served as Creative Director for the past three years and am so grateful for the experiences and people that this job has led me to. I'm happy to say that I will still be working with the company in the new year as a consultant (still working on product development, etc.), but I am resigning the title and most responsibilities so that I can pursue the website. We have added some awesome people to our team (I bet you don't know Faye Morrow Bell!) and I know it will be a great year all around!

I probably left off something REALLY important, so if you have any questions at all, just leave me a comment and I will try to answer them tomorrow! Thanks so much for everyone who has stopped by and said such nice things - I am really having fun with this blog thing! Who knew?

Oh, and here is the photo for Tracie (can I really have anymore "words" around the house)??? My husband was so mad that I didn't get "Merry Christmas" so I politely explained that those only came in red velvet! Then I accidentally purchased Christmas cards that said "Happy Holidays", so I had to write Merry Christmas on all of them!

someone asked where I got the stars (my addiction!) - they came from a little gift shop in Ohio


Pin It!

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO exciting! Congrats to you ... there's no doubt you will have a HUGE success on your hands!

marygrace said...

Congrats on your new venture! This is going to be a blast. :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously I'm so excited about this! It sounds awesome! I'm always lovin' all the little elements to your projects and to now get a kit and your project - love it!! Sign me up!! Congrats girl!!

Hollye said...

This is so exciting Jenni! You can go ahead and sign me up now! Can't wait to see what you have planned! Hey...you wanna come decorate my house? You can hold Kennedy and just tell me where to put stuff!

Anonymous said...

oh this just sounds incredible!
can't wait to sign up on Feb. 1st.

Anonymous said...

how exciting!! Congratulations on this fabulous new venture. I know you will do wonderfully!

Lisamcg said...

I can't wait to see more. I bet I'll love it all. Congrats to you.

TracieClaiborne said...

Thank you for that picture!!! That was the one I was trying to remember. Those words kill me!!! I want 'em!

I'm so excited about your company and I wish you all the best. You're going to be a big success, I know.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I think that is awesome news. And maybe this will slow you down a little, eh? ;) You are always so crazy-busy; I don't know how you've been doing it all!

Now, sign me up, man.

Sarah said...

Hooray! So exciting!!!

I LOVE your transferware and ironware in the black cupboard. DEEE-lish! And the happy holidays is great!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WoW! I am soooo excited! Do you have any information about the pricing and when they will become available yet? I'm anxious to know all the details! :) Ramona

Anonymous said...

This does sound so cool! So there will be 2 kits, a monthly and then a periodical paper craft?...AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I love your style! I'm so glad you decided to blog. I've always admired your work and look forward to reading more on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Can February get here soon enough? I am so excited about your new venture and know you will be very successful!
Oh yeah and your decorations are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm SO excited about this Jenni! How awesome!! I can't wait to dive on in! Congratulations on this new venture you're embarking on! It's going to be a sure success! :)

Emily said...

sounds awesome! can't wait to hear more about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jenni!!! I am so excited for you! And for me! ;) Sign me up.

Anonymous said...

This sounds fabulous! Can't wait for more details and SIGN UP! I'm all over this...my first kit club but it sounds like EXACTLY like what I love!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This news is HUGE! Your kits sound PERFECT! I especially love the fact that all the products don't come from the same company or product line. I can't wait to sign up. Congrats to you again!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!

I don't think your site link works here..took me to some weird place with dataing ads!

tonya said...

Jenni! I just found you today (thanks to Ali's blog) and I couldn't be happier! I first saw your work (and put it together with your name) when you were the tour guide at scrapsahoy.com this summer. Felt like I had found a fellow addict (I'm a STAR girl too!) SO happy to read about your new endeavors and so eager to sign up for your kits that I had to put a schedule reminder on my work email/calendar AND send it home too, so no matter where I am on Jan. 2, I won't forget to visit and signup!
Thanks for what you're you're going to be teaching us in the future - SO looking forward to it!
stars rock!
t

Anonymous said...

Yeah! This is going to be so cool!

Cheryl said...

Jenni,

I am SO excited! It sound incredible! Can't wait to sign up!
Congrats and Merry Christmas!

Joanna Bolick said...

Well, heck, here are the details!! This is what I get for reading in reverse order! Congrats and good luck on the new venture, Jenni!

kellicrowe said...

WOW
that is big news!!
i am very excited to see the site in jan. thanks for not making me wait any longer to find out about JBStudio! and is a photo a day of your home or studio too much to ask for? you're not busy - right? OH - and i had to write Merry Christmas on all our cards last year because they said happy holidays too:)
kellicrowe

Anonymous said...

Can' wait to see the monthly kits. This is gonna be awesome. Loving your blog already.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so excited about this! I'm one of your biggest fans and can't wait to hear and see more. Congratulations!

Brandy said...

OMG, I cannot wait to get my paws on your awesome kits! You can sign me up as a charter member ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your news Jenni!! Sounds so exciting...can't wait to see what you have in store for us with the kits.

Anonymous said...

I went to Jenni Bowlin Studio from your blog, but got a very strange page - no place at all to sign up for the email you talked about.

Help - I would love to put my name on the list, but there are not any links on your blog that allow me to do so.

Thanks -

Susan

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You go girl! Please sign me up for those yummy sounding kits. :-)

Your decorations look fantastic! I'm sooo jealous that Tracie got to see it in person (just kidding tracie, hugs!!!). Glad you posted pics, Jenni, so we all could drool over those kewl "holiday" words and antiques. You seriously should begin a new Christmas decorating biz! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I am a big "Jenni Bowlin" fan! So glad you have a blog now and I can't wait to see your kits!!! Definitely something I'm interested in--I just love your style! (And I have a love for brown tranferware too--lol)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like amazing stuff Jenny!! So happy that you are doing something totally for you and such an awesome thing at that! I so want to just come and sit in your studio...it looks SO gorgeous! ;) Look forward to hearing and seeing more on your new venture! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is going to be so awesome! I can't wait!

caroline said...

that sounds exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni, as a general rule, I do not read blogs. However, I am a long time admirer of your work and am thankful to the kind person who encouraged me to take a look at your beautiful new blog. I was thrilled to read about your upcoming kit and delighted to read that FMB is also to be involved in your venture. You are both such inspirational scrapbookers, I know that your venture will be an astounding success.

Jacoba Kooy from Australia.

Anonymous said...

wow!!! so exciting! thank God Miss Ali shared the link to your blog or i wouldn't hear about it. i am so excited about your "kits" what a perfect timing for me- since i'm taking a maternity leave from our local store. your kits will no doubt allow me to continue playing with cool and hip stuff even when i'm away from our scrapbooking store. this will give me some fun time after being consumed with a newborn baby. please don't pass me by. i want to sign up on your monthly kit.