Sunday, December 18, 2005

Thankful. . .
- for Amber and Josh, who watch my kids every once and a while so that my husband and I can have a night out (somewhere other than "Kid-Donalds", as Christian calls it)
- for the realization that we are not expensive-restaurant-type people. We have tried it plenty of times but always wish we just went to Longhorn.
- for my 1998 Toyota 4-Runner that my husband spent hours cleaning yesterday. It still looks brand new when its cleaned up.
- for the opportunity to hear Handel's Messiah performed by the Nashville Symphony.
- for the fact that my 1998 4-Runner is bought and paid for, and thus we can afford to go to an expensive restaurant and the symphony.
- for the beautiful baby girl who sits in front of us at church every Sunday and reminds me that I may still want to adopt someday.
- for the great dad by husband is. He spent most of the afternoon hanging a tire swing in the backyard, and then proceeded to cater to the line of neighborhood boys who wanted a ride (where did they all come from)??
- for the fact that we actually have a back yard filled with trees, and not another house.
- for Palmas Verdes, who always has a great coupon and where we spend many of our Sunday night dinners.
How was your weekend?
Pin It!

11 comments:

tonya said...

thank you, jenni, for the reminder to slow down anf savor the little things! I posted my own "thankful" list on my blog: http://gauchogirl.blogspot.com/.
Your list sounds wonderful, too!
tonya

Anonymous said...

Wow, yes we do have so many things to be thankful for...we have a new house...and a wonderful Christmas planned. I have a wonderful new scraproom and much more....

Plus, I am thankful for all the new goodies Jenni Bowlin Studios is going to bring. And the opportunity to see your beautiful home.

Thanks for inspiring us!

Hollye said...

Jenni, I was just thinking about how thankful I was today before I read your post. This has been a very tragic weekend for my family. Made me look at my husband and Kennedy and reminded me of all that I have to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

What a great post Jenni! Isn't it so easy for us to complain sometimes rather than be thankful for what we are and what we have? I had a trying day with Grayson yesterday, but am so thankful that I have him and the wonderful likfe I live! Thanks for the great inspiration & motivation to do great things.

Jana said...

What a beautiful post. I have a dram to possibly adopt a little girl someday also, I have 3 wonderful sons, but have always dreamed of a daughter. Please keep us posted on this.

Jana said...

Whoops, I meant DREAM, not dram. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am just so excited you have a blog Jenni - love that I can hear your voice as I read your words.

Anonymous said...

Jenni - we adopted the most precious gift from China nearly 3 years ago. There's no way to describe the pure JOY she has brought to everyone whose life she has touched. Follow those heart-tugs - you will wonder why you ever hesitated.

Sonia said...

oH I would have loved to been at the symphony. Maybe next year. you're my neighbor! Well, sort of :)

TracieClaiborne said...

Wow - love hearing that you might want to adopt someday. That is news! Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings....

Love you!

Shawna said...

wow.. like so many other ladies commented: Thank you for making me realize the simple things in life today. I loved this blog entry! It really made me sit back and take stock on what is REAL in my life.