Saturday, August 25, 2007

Flea Market Treasures


I have been "flea marketing" all weekend. I took Ruth, the fierce negotiator with me yesterday and she got me some good deals (at least until we couldn't take the 100+degree heat anymore). I found more buttons than I have ever had before. It's partly because I have stopped buying big jars and bins of buttons and focus more on the sorted baggies of superior buttons. Most times I spend less money that way than on the big jar that only ends up yielding 20 or so great buttons. Last month I didn't have much luck at all. This month I found several things that got my heart rate up!

All of this has to do with some of the new kits and such I am launching at the site next week. I am desperately trying to get my studio cleaned out and rearranged so I can get back to creating again. I hope to have some hints to share early next week!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Deidra said...

I am glad to see that you have had a great weekend! I received my kit and loveit! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely envious of your Word Builder letter tiles!! I've been searching for those for years. I have wonderful memories of receiving new boxes of these as a child from the Catholic sisters and then sitting on the living room floor at home making words and phrases with them. I can't wait to see how you use them in your artwork.

Joy for the Journey said...

Wow! Gorgeous. Great idea about the buttons - quality over quantity. I can relate to the flea market bug - but sometimes I can't believe I'm hauling MORE stuff home! Agh!
Sarah :)

Stacey said...

I'm still trying to find some good flea markets around here. I'm really new to them, so I'm never sure exactly where or how to look for "treasures". Can't wait to see the hints for next month's kit :)

lori said...

just love looking at all of the 'goodies' on your site!! how fun, love your creative eye!! thanks for sharing with us...

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun Jenni! Love that vintage photo.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Jenni, where are the hints you promised us? Can you tell I'm getting a little anxious?! :^)