Thursday, October 08, 2009

just a few updates. . .
First of all, I have loaded my layout for this month's kit in my gallery. I have decided to stop drawing attention to the fact that I only have 1 in there (like its a temporary thing) - the fact is it will likely always be only 1 but I keep telling myself it's something! That's why I have an amazing design team to show me up month after month. Thanks guys! There are actually only a few of these kits left (and less than 4 of the add-on kits left) if you were contemplating whether you needed it or not (aren't need and want synonymous)? ha!

Also, looked what showed up at our building site yesterday: the remnants of a 100 year old tobacco barn (soon to be given new life)! Don't you just love the grunginess?? I am a very dark brick girl typically so I am anxious to see these on the house as they are more red then I would pick out. I know it will look great, but I need to see it all done. I wonder if the bricklayers would mind if I hung around for a few days and directed? I really think there is an art to doing this - the walls are one big canvas you know!!

Here you can see on a few of these bricks some smoke damage (I call it character)!


And just a reminder if you were thinking at all of coming to the Spectacular Spectacular event in Clarksville, please sign up now! See my two class offerings if you scroll down below. And if you needed more persuasion this amazing lady will be there too with her wares. . .

Happy Thursday!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Grace said...

What Clarksville Event? Love your Bricks...Grace

Karen said...

love the awesome bricks and the fact that they are reclaimed. i so want to do this in our next home! off to check out the clarksville event! see you at memories in bloom in nov!

Holly Mathis Interiors said...

Jenni, I scouted your home a long time ago for BHG..shocked they never used it...anyway i would love to feature some of those home photos on my design blog...but i wanted to ask first..i know my readers would be inspired by your talent and what you do and i would certainly link..sorry not to email but i could not find a link..

Holly Mathis
www.hollymathisinteriors.com

Anonymous said...

These bricks look just like the ones we have on our house now. I'll have to send you a photo. LenaS

MiamiKel said...

Oh they do look lovely - I love all things with a "history" and give any house a home type feel. I'll be keeping watch to see what marvels you do with the bricks! Darling scrap page ...... the colors actually match the bricks so wonderfully! :)