Thursday, August 18, 2011

So proud. . .

As parents, from day one, we try to lead our children in the right direction.  We make decisions, set up boundaries, put forth rewards/punishments all in the hope of eventually creating a well rounded adult.  Truth is, while we have alot to do with the decisions they make as they become young adults, we can't make the decisions for them.  They have to start making their own choices.

So this morning when I was in Noah's room taking the sheets of his bed to throw in the wash, I noticed a yellow sticky note stuck to his alarm clock.  He had written it to remind himself that he needed to cut photos out of the newspaper today for a project deadline at school.  It sounds simple, but I was so proud!  Jared and I are both list makers and post-it note junkies.  It's how we manage to keep our insane lives somewhat organized.  The fact that this had registered with Noah on some level was very cool.

It's not that using a Post-It note = Productive Member of Society, but I think it's a good start!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Timeless Creations said...

I think its wonderful you have such an organized, responsible son! He didn't just say forget it - he made sure it was done! Good job - you should be proud!

Unknown said...

That is a really neat moment. My daughter surprises me like that. Like when I overhear her telling her friends something that I told/taught her. :-)

jackie said...

I am like you on the list thing! When our son was small I tried to instill in him to make lists on monday and goals for the week. I know he use to and hopefully at 32 he still does, I know I do and I would not survive without them............Bravo to your young man!

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee...good for him and good for you! Congrats on the productive young man. That would make a good pic! LenaS