Monday, March 16, 2015

The Things I Keep Monday. . .


If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this photo there last week.  It's no secret that I am a sucker for old photos - but dare I say I am equally smitten with how they are presented?  And nothing is more lush in presentation than old Daguerreotype/Tintype cases.  Ornate velvet, copper frames, Gutta Percha cases - they were made to show importance and value.  And if you happen to pull out the photograph you will find a treasure in the printed advertising from the studio in the back of the case.  I have hoarded these for years with the intention of creating small collages inside.


If only I could actually find the time to act on all of my good intentions!

Happy Monday!
Pin It!

2 comments:

ScrappyCamperSisters said...

Wow Jenni those are beautiful! I would hoard them too!

ScrappyCamperSisters said...

Wow Jenni those are beautiful! I would hoard them too!